Beautina - Makeup Revolution x Soph Eyeshadow Palette Review












Photo Credit: Skye Collacott Williamson

Hellooo!!! The Internet, Skyeina here. So, as most of you know I love Sophdoesnails and she came out with a palette ages ago but I forget to write it up because well I’m just a general forgetful person.




Photo Credit: Skye Collacott Williamson


The Packaging-

I absolutely love the colours she has used a matte peachy nude on the outside and copper rose writing- very simple yet effective.
When you open it, it has a large mirror which I highly appreciate because it makes it easy to travel and you can actually see your whole face, not just an eye.


Photo Credit: Skye Collacott Williamson


The Eyeshadows-

The eyeshadows range from metallics to mattes to shimmers with a beautiful range of colours perfect for all seasons - even Christmas and Halloween- along with the right shades for the crease and the everyday. They are highly pigmented, including the black, and easy to blend.



Photo Credit: Skye Collacott Williamson




Penguin (matte snow white) -
Its perfect for the brow bone and if you need to lighten/blend out your crease just add this colour- it's really helpful. I also use this colour to set my concealer if I’m doing a halo eye.

Pancakes (matte latte) -
If you want a clean, crisp makeup look; then with some eyeliner would do the trick. Plus you can use it to start the crease.

Fairy Lights (cream shimmer) -
This colour is the extract colour/highlight to put in your very inner corner - go for that Serena Van Der Woodsen look. Or you could use this the lighten up your eye look.

Pink Champagne (baby pink shimmer) -
This is the ideal combination of a pop of colour but still appropriate for school. Its great in that inner corner or lower inner lash line.

Iced Coffee -
This is a great build-up of the crease colour and has a lovely warmth to it too.

Cuppa Tea-
Another crease colour, however, has a yellow tone to it so useful for blending is your skin has that undertone too.




Photo Credit: Skye Collacott Williamson



Grow Old (gold metallic) -
A beautiful colour for a dinner out or a night out with your friends and is great your highlighting your inner glow. Many metallics don't have strong pigment, however, this one does. Which mean you could use it on its own- perfect if your running late like I am usually.

Sparks Fly (dirty bronze metallic) -
This colour paired with the crease colours present a beautifully crisped and clean look that you could use anywhere: a night out, work or just a simple afternoon lunch.

Smokey Bronze (dark bronze metallic) -
Out of the three, this has the least metallicness but still stunning. I preferably would use this in the outer part of the lower lash line just to smoke a look out.

Mixed Berries (deep purple shimmer) -
A beautifully pigmented and bendable purple that boldening any look.  This particular colour is idle for spring- hint, hint, I may be using this for one of my spring looks.

Tiramisu (matte warm light brown) -
I normally use this colour on the outer part of the crease when using ‘rosewood’ in the crease. I do this to add warmth and deepen the colour or otherwise, the crease is just a boring part that is simply used to contour the eye.

Peaches (matte peach undertone brown) -
This is the best colour in the palette to use for the lid because of its light and warm but not too much so it's overbearing if placed here.




Photo Credit: Skye Collacott Williamson



Cloudberry (light orange shimmer)-
It's a subtle shimmer, that’s also perfect for spring/summer. It's especially nice when paired with ‘strawberry sweets’

Pumpkin (matte orange)-
A beautiful colour for the autumn season and if you play your cards right- it's incredible and it doesn’t look like you have an eye infection even though it is orange. Its gorgeous in a halo eye along with ‘copper coin’, ‘rosewood’ and ‘nightmare’ - which I may or may not be showing in one of my makeup tutorials.

Pine Tree (green shimmer)-
A pigmented green, yes green. But I think I may have an advantage as I have green/hazel/brown/whatever you wanna call them. So, I use them to enhance the green by using it on the lower lash line along with on my lid some thin black eyeliner and next to it on top the NYX vivid bright in the green colour.

Petrol (brown reflecting blue sparkles) -
This colour is interesting due to the what it looks in different lights and compared to the pan and on your eye. It's quite a dark shimmer so I would be mindful of that and use it wisely in the outer corner on the lid.

Pug (matte mocha) -
A simple starter to use in the crease as you don’t want to drive straight in with ‘rosewood’ and ‘mug cake’ or it won’t blend as easily and may look slightly messier. Plus you could you this colour for the outer corner of the lid to create a contour in the eye area.

Danger (matte burnt red) -

I would suggest not to use this in the lower lash line as you probably would look like you have an infection - unless, that was what you were going for p.s you could use it for a Halloween look (I have a tutorial on my channel hee hee).



Photo Credit: Skye Collacott Williamson


Strawberry Sweets (matte barbie pink)-
I love this colour to make a lovely pink subtle eye look, so this colour would be in the crease and in the corner would be 'pumpkin' and then in the inner corner there would be 'pink champagne'.


Festive Flames (red undertones orange shimmer)-
This colour makes even the borest of eye look interesting- it spices it up a bit. However, I would highly recommend using this for either an autumn-themed look or a Christmas themed look.

Copper Coin (copper metallic) -
I think this colour is beautiful at enhancing your inner glow. This mixed with pink champagne makes a copper rose which is absolutely beautiful.

Mug Cake (matte chocolate) -
I prefer to always use this as a crease colour due to its easy to blend and makes a beautiful contour to the eye. I also recommend using this on your lower lash line to make your eyes look bigger instead of doing your waterline with a black pencil eyeliner.

Rosewood (matte warm deep brown)-
This is ideal if you want to add some warmth to your crease but is still amazing at the contour of the eye.


Nightmare (matte black)-
Most blacks lack pigment and if they do they are difficult to blend, however, this one isn't. Whilst saying this I always say to build up black and blending it each time because if you have too much black it may become messy.

Price-
I believe this price is exactly how much it should be for such a range and a lot of pigmented colours and a large mirror. It retails for £10 and you can buy it from the makeup revolution website or from Superdrug (in-store and online)

That's all for now. If you have any products you recommend or want me to review let me know in the comments or email me at skyeinaxox@gmail.com 


What's your opinion on this palette?

p.s I will be reviewing her highlighting palette too.

SKYEINA LOGGING OFF XOX.







Comments